Category Archives: News Updates
ICNEF Annual Fundraising Dinner to raise funds for the school building under construction is scheduled for Sunday, March 5th at Jacksonville Marriott on Salisbury Road. Tickets are available at the ICNEF Office, ICNEF Bookstore, Al-Furqan Academy Office, and with several Members of the ICNEF Board of Trustees. Seating is limited. Please purchase tickets early. Adults: $35 and Children $15 each. Please No children under 6 years of age will be admitted.
2. Adequate knowledge of Arabic (reading, writing, and speaking);
3. Thorough understanding of The Qur’an and Sunnah, and the ability to communicate that to others;
4. Ability to recite The Qura’n correctly. Having memorized the entire Qur’an is most desirable, though not a must.
5. A 4-year degree in Islamic Studies from a recognized academic institution is most desirable, though not a must.
6. Ability to represent the Muslim community and communicate with the Newsmedia;
7. Experienced in teaching Islam to new Muslims as well as to youth.
8. Experienced in providing funeral services and proper burial rites;
9. Training and Experience in family counseling and conflict resolution will be helpful.
The candidates are requested to send C.V. by E-mail to: email@example.com
If there are any specific questions, they should feel free to call Br. Ashraf Shaikh, Chair, Imam Search Committee at his Cell: 904.629.3822.
Real Talk Friday‘s will be meeting this Friday August 5th from 7:30 – 9:45. The theme of the month will be Muslim identity, and the topic for this weeks lecture will be Faith as a Source of Happiness. Age group 6th grade and up boys and girls.
Inshalah the following week will be a trip to paintball on Friday August 12 from 4:00PM-8:00 PM. Please attend this week for more information on paintball next week.
Al-Furqan Academy is Hiring for a Full-Time Administrative Assistant!
This is a full-time position. Requirements include good organizational and customer service skills. Preferred qualifications include a Bachelors degree in related field as well as 2 years of previous experience.
To apply for the position please email your resume to Office@alfurqanacademy.org
- Masonry Work: Masonry work on the walls has been completed and the masons have stopped work for the time being. The masons still need to construct parapet walls on the East and West side of the building. Those will be built after concrete has been poured on the roof. At that time, they will also construct walls around the Chiller Pad-1 behind (East) of the building.
- Concrete Work: Today, the last concrete beam was poured with embeds for some of the steel beams. Over the next few days, they will remove the forms and do the cleanup. Once the roof is ready for concrete pouring, they will come back and pour. At that time, they will also prepare ground and pour slab for the Chiller Pad-1.
- Steel Work: The steel company is working on the schedule for their installation crew and will soon be installing the remainder of the steel beams and steel decking. The building will be ready for them to complete installation starting next week, Inshaa Allah.
- Plumbing: As soon as remainder of the steel decking has been installed, the plumber will install Roof Drains to carry rain water to our Retention Pond, Inshaa Allah.
- Steel Doors: 14 sets of Hollow Metal Doors ( 3 Double and 11 Single) for the exterior walls of the building have been ordered and are expected to be delivered/installed early in December, Inshaa Allah.
- Glass Doors and Glass Windows: We are reviewing the shop drawings for 3 sets of double Glass Doors and 11 exterior (Fixed Glass) windows. We expect to place an order for these next week and delivery/installation is expected early in December, Inshaa Allah.